Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Display Monitor suddenly turn off, but computer is on

My computer is HP brand with mini-tower casing, when I turned on my computer and then directly open  winamp application for playing music, every few minutes suddenly monitor turn off itself but computer still on. Elaborate upon my mind, I asked my friends, teachers and anyone else to solve this problem but it did not exist. I tried to test his own, beginning with cleaning of all components and  replace CMOS battery, but the result nonetheless. After that I try to turn it on again there was a computer beep as many as six times or more, I forgot the point, hehehe...... 

I remember when lessons at school about BIOS beep, happened to my BIOS brand is Award , for Award BIOS when there is a sound six times means there are errors with its graphics cards. The problem, my computer does not have a VGA card which has on-board. I started thinking, if the VGA on-board memory means taking of RAM, if RAM broken automatically  VGA also damaged. From here I tried to replace the RAM and i am very happy computer was running normally. This is my experience, this solution may not fit or match with your computer problems.

Related Post


0 comments:

Post a Comment